Come be a part of our caring, close and compassionate community of volunteers at Androscoggin Valley Hospital!
Only through community support can Androscoggin Valley Hospital continue to provide the kind of quality health care that is so important to our entire community. AVH Volunteers share their time, energy and talents while performing needed services for our patients and staff. In return, volunteers develop new interests and skills, and make new friends.
AVH volunteers include men and women of all ages: retirees, homemakers, teens, grandparents, and people with careers. You may indicate your preference for the type of work you wish to do and the day and time you wish to come in. We’ll do our best to find just the right place for you.
What We Do
Here are some of the many worthwhile activities that AVH volunteers undertake:
- Transporting patients in a wheelchair or stretcher from one area of the hospital to another
- Gift Shop cashier (evening, weekends, or as a substitute)
- Greeter of visitors and patients as they enter our facility, offering assistance
- Medical Records (sorting/filing)
- Special Assignments (assisting with health fairs and other projects as they develop throughout the year)
Benefits of Volunteering
As a special reward for volunteering, you can grow personally by learning new skills, gaining new insights, and achieving a sense of accomplishment. Volunteers also enjoy participating in hospital activities, and receive the following benefits:
- Annual recognition program
- In-service education programs
- Pharmacy prescriptions at reduced rate (after 500 hours of service)
- Service award pins
- Flu Shots
- Hospital picnic
- Holiday Social
Interested in getting involved?
For more information call Linda Morris, Volunteer Coordinator, at 603-326-5676.