Anesthesiology and Pain Management
Androscoggin Valley Hospital's specialty practice, AVH Surgical Associates, meets the anesthesia needs of its patients by providing the following services:
- General to regional anesthesia
- Continuous epidurals for surgery and labor pain
- Pain management services including lumbar epidural steroid injections
- Mitigation techniques for post-operative nausea
- Use of brain-wave imaging during surgical procedures
- Services for all ages from pediatrics to the elderly
- Pre-operative anesthesia consultations
AVH's Avance Carestation can be used safely to provide anesthesia to patients of all sizes, from a premature infant to a patient weighing over 600 pounds—electronically, without the need to modify the machine between patient use. The Avance checks itself 200 times per second to ensure that the Carestation is always delivering the proper blend based on its programming.
Anesthesia services are provided by J. Rodger Wood, MD, Anesthesiologist, Pamela Bouley, CRNA, Nurse Anesthetist, Luc Corriveau, DNP, APRN, CRNA, Nurse Anesthetist, Noretta Peterson, CRNA, Nurse Anesthetist, and Graham Williams, CRNA, Nurse Anesthetist.
"I was very satisfied with my care at AVH during my recent surgery. The anesthesiologist was sensitive to the issues I had. Thanks to everyone for the wonderful care."
- an AVH patient comment
Pain Clinics are located at the AVH Professional Center, 7 Page Hill Road, Berlin, NH 03570, and at the North Country Healthcare Outreach Clinic, 1976 White Mountain Highway, North Conway, NH 03860, offers services including, but not limited to:
BOTOXTM for migraines
- Corticosteroid injections of joints (knee, hip,shoulder, etc.)
- Epidural steroid injections at numerous spine locations
- Image guided fluroscopic and ultrasound procedures
- Medication management for chronic pain syndromes
- Minimally invasive radiofrequency lesioning
- Nerve blocks for selected types of headaches
- Regional blocks for shingles or neuralgia pain
For an appointment with Kelly C. DeFeo, CRNA, FNP-C, DAAPM, Dynamic Anesthesia, PLLC, at the North Conway Clinic, please call (603) 342-5050.