AVH Babysitting Course
Androscoggin Valley Hospital offers a day-long Babysitting Course to students 11-years-old and older during February and April school vacations. Course fee is $20 with a $5 optional pizza lunch. Upon successful completion of the Course, students receive an AVH Certificate of Program Completion.
This comprehensive course covers:
- Qualities of a great babysitter.
- Asking about and following the parent's/guardian's guidelines.
- Safe home environment and child safety.
- Ages and stages of children - infancy through school age.
- Age appropriate play and supervision.
- Caring for a child needing holding, diapering, dressing, and feeding.
- How to handle common injuries and emergencies.
For more information or to put your child on a waiting list for the next course, please call AVH at 326-5607.