Audiologist - AVH
Androscoggin Valley Hospital (AVH) in Berlin, NH, a member of North Country Healthcare, seeks a full-time audiologist who will provide a full range of diagnostic and rehabilitative services for pediatric patients and adults. Services encompass diagnostic hearing tests, VNG, OAE, and dispensing of hearing aids to best suit the patient and their needs. Employed by AVH, this provider will see patients 4-5 days/week from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Two to four days per month will be outreach at Upper Connecticut Valley Hospital in Colebrook, NH (about an hour North).
There is no call requirement for this position. Work schedule remains flexible, which may change, even on short notice, to meet patient care needs. May require evening hours. Performs additional duties as assigned.
Overview of Audiology Services at AVH
- Identify, test, diagnose, and manage disorders of human hearing, balance, and tinnitus; interpret test results of behavioral and objective measures
- Counsel patients about hearing health and the possible need for treatment/management
- Assess the candidacy of persons with hearing loss for hearing aids and cochlear implants and provide fitting, programming, and audiologic rehabilitation to ensure the best possible outcomes
- Evaluate and manage children and adults with central auditory processing disorders
- Recommend and provide hearing aid selection, fitting, and programming
- Recommend and provide hearing assistive technology systems (HATS)
- Recommend and provide audiologic rehabilitation—including speech reading, communication management, language development, and auditory skill development
- Perform assessment and nonmedical management of tinnitus
- Collaborate with ENT Surgeons and PA’s
To qualify for clinical privileges at AVH, candidate must hold active NH Audiology license. AuD level, or an experienced Master’s level, audiologist required.
Excellent work-life balance encouraged through our generous vacation and personal time, holidays, significant CME days, and funds. Salaried position with professional liability insurance, health, dental, long-term disability, term life insurance plans, sick time and extended illness bank, 403(b) and 457(b), Section 125, Funeral, Family and Medical Leave. Relocation allowance, commencement bonus, and student loan reimbursement consideration.
Resumes and inquiries regarding this position may be e-mailed to Bonnie Hamel, FASPR, at firstname.lastname@example.org